As a guest you don’t have to register, but if you do, you can save listings to your ‘favourites’ and leave reviews.
Cast or Crew looking for digs?
Tired of theatres not investing the time to keep their digs list up to date? Sick of extortionate commission fees? You’ve come to the right place!
Contact us if you have a query not answered in our Frequently Asked Questions below:
A booking will only be secured on the host’s receipt of a deposit. The host will confirm receipt by email and/or telephone.
- Production title
- Theatre or performance venue
- Special requirements/further information
Payments are between host and guest. We encourage hosts to invoice the guest and request a deposit in advance of check-in. A host’s payment instructions and options should be set out on the invoice, along with check-in/out details.
We recommend hosts request a full night’s stay for a 1-week booking as deposit; 3-nights for 3-weeks and so on.
We don’t take commission as we don’t handle payments.
Our Digs donations from Hosts for rooms listed, and from Guests for enquiries, which will go towards our admin and web hosting fees. We are of course happy to take donations of any amount at any time for all the hard work we do 😉
I’ve been hosting theatre professionals, cast and crew for nearly 30-years in the north east of England. I also host non-theatrical guests from all over the world.
Disillusioned with other online forums keeping any deposits when guests cancel - too often last minute or not even showing up - and me being a web designer, I decided to build a directory of theatre digs in the UK to put more control into the hands of the hosts and guests themselves.
Currently the site survives on a kind of ‘beerware‘ basis so donations are truly appreciated. In the future this may change so we take some sort of commission, but there are no plans just yet.
10 Mar 2018
- Site redesign to incorporate a better logging-in system.
- We’ve separated the Digs and the Host information.
6 Feb 2018
- Thanks to a host’s suggestion – we have doubled the number of photos per listing from 10 to 20.
- We’ve also added a smoking/non-smoking field which we’d appreciate you updating at your earliest convenience!
20 Jan 2018
- Major Changes and improvements have been implemented on Our Digs to make it easier to use for Guests and Hosts alike.
- We have now closed the old-style listings and migrated all listings over. Links remain the same.
15 Nov 2017
- We’ve changed the bed/guest number structure on the website to show max only, so please check and adjust your numbers accordingly when you have time.
- Nightly/weekly prices are from the minimum amount and can be adjusted per guest enquiry. If multiple digs, insert your lowest prices.
- We’ve removed the self-upload photos tab as many were struggling with it. Instead please email any photos as and when you get them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A lot of you have received queries from Guests now, please try to respond as soon as you can so we can let them know who has availability. You can just ignore the message if your digs are not a convenient fit or unavailable.
- Some hosts were asking about me so check the FAQ page for an update!
- In your email program, click the cog icon in the top-right corner and then More mail settings.
- Select Safe and blocked senders and then Safe senders.
- Add ourdigs.co.uk to the list of Safe senders.
- Return to Safe and blocked senders and then select Safe mailing lists.
More help here.